The lovely Apple pattern I’m currently using as a background is done by the even lovelier Jelly!! I’d highly recommend commissioning her!
Finally answering these! I ended up getting asked ALL of them so I’m just gonna do as many as I can.
1. Here’s my at-home workzone. My desk at my studio job is packed pretty full of toys and figurines because I like keeping this desk a little less cluttered!
2. JOKE’S ON YOU I don’t have a pencil case! I draw almost exclusively digitally. I have a few pencils I like to use when I’m drawing on paper but they’re nothing exciting (just your standard mechanical lead)
4. LINEART. I find color intimidating and sketching/lineart relaxing, BUT I am beginning to experiment more with color. It’s less scary that it was before, and is often even pretty fun!
5. I have a lot of inspiration! I keep a folder of art I love on my computer to use as inspiration, and I also follow a lot of artists I really admire! Some of my favorites include: kevindart, yvanduque, anitagaughan,anotherbrittneywilliams, jellydraws, guldentusks, robindavey, denaesketch, yellowfur, fox-n-brownsugar, rollingrabbit, squeedgeart, katamaru, mangycoyote, oxboxer… are just a FEW, as well as all my super talented artist pals, who always keep me inspired and motivated to better myself, YOU GUYS KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
7. All right so I actually had no idea just how bad my left-hand-drawing skills were until I tried it. I was, completely honestly, trying my very hardest to draw well. I am somewhat alarmed at just how little control I have over my non-dominant hand.
11. I like either listening to music or watching something on Netflix that doesn’t require a lot of concentration. Here’s a screencap of part of my Spotify playlist.
12. Cute animals! Scary animals. Monsters and beasts. Fluff and paws. Spooky skulls and bones. Men’s torsos.
13. Buildings, architecture, stuff with straight lines. Human feet.
14. I wear a hat when I have bedhead
15. Uhhhh hm. I draw best at evening/nighttime? I have a LOT of trouble drawing without first sketching out a “skeleton” of the drawing? I can’t really think of any behavior that’s too weird, really.
cool ok bye
I use a program called PaintToolSAI which I adore!
I almost exclusively work in this program. I like it for painting and sketching best. It’s really good at color mixing and has some great brush settings.
If I’m doing really clean vector work I do it in Flash, and sometimes I’ll bring the piece in to Photoshop at the end to do any finishing touches that SAI isn’t as good at. Sometimes I use all three in the same piece!
Hey, thanks for the message! I animate in Flash CS3. It’s symbol animation but I’ve also redrawn some of the inbetweens to make it smoother. Nothing is on a tween, though, it’s animated on 2’s!
There IS a full version! And it has not yet been released.. we are waiting to hear from Mondo about it, but it will hopefully be on iTunes soon, and I will also make an audio post with it when the time comes!!
Answering a backlog of anon asks. Thank you to all the nice anon asks not seen here I’ve received in the past couple months, I really appreciate them even if I don’t reply! As always, if possible, try and ask me stuff un-anon so I can answer privately! :)
1) Yes, that’s me! I’m glad you like the song. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫･*:.｡. .｡.:*･
For those who asked, it can be found here.
3) I don’t actually know enough about this to comment, but this is something I hadn’t heard before. I somehow doubt that AT was ever going to have a canon lesbian relationship, but if that’s true, it is indeed heartening to hear.
4) To be fair, I think much of the time, it is not the creators as much as the network or studio itself that limits the progressive themes in media. However, there is definitely an over-arcing theme of “playing it safe” in regards to these issues, while instead pushing for more “adult” humor, which tends to just be offensive or low-brow or flat out unfunny. I am very familiar with this viewpoint from both creators and network execs, having worked with several with this frame of mind.
Here’s a gif to thank you all for making it through this boring post.