My Batman-related piece for a gallery show which opened yesterday at Friendly Neighborhood Comics in Bellingham, MA to celebrate 75 years of the Dark Knight! Check out it out in person at the comic book shop beside art from such amazing other artists as Veronica Fish, Andy Fish and Lindsay Small-Butera.
I’ve been storyboarding instead of animating at work since September so my animation skills are a bit rusty, but here’s a lil gif I did to get back in the swing of things!
commission for my pal baysalt of her characters Bartram and Basalt! Thanks for lettin me draw these cuties!
Finally answering these! I ended up getting asked ALL of them so I’m just gonna do as many as I can.
1. Here’s my at-home workzone. My desk at my studio job is packed pretty full of toys and figurines because I like keeping this desk a little less cluttered!
2. JOKE’S ON YOU I don’t have a pencil case! I draw almost exclusively digitally. I have a few pencils I like to use when I’m drawing on paper but they’re nothing exciting (just your standard mechanical lead)
4. LINEART. I find color intimidating and sketching/lineart relaxing, BUT I am beginning to experiment more with color. It’s less scary that it was before, and is often even pretty fun!
5. I have a lot of inspiration! I keep a folder of art I love on my computer to use as inspiration, and I also follow a lot of artists I really admire! Some of my favorites include: kevindart, yvanduque, anitagaughan,anotherbrittneywilliams, jellydraws, guldentusks, robindavey, denaesketch, yellowfur, fox-n-brownsugar, rollingrabbit, squeedgeart, katamaru, mangycoyote, oxboxer… are just a FEW, as well as all my super talented artist pals, who always keep me inspired and motivated to better myself, YOU GUYS KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
7. All right so I actually had no idea just how bad my left-hand-drawing skills were until I tried it. I was, completely honestly, trying my very hardest to draw well. I am somewhat alarmed at just how little control I have over my non-dominant hand.
11. I like either listening to music or watching something on Netflix that doesn’t require a lot of concentration. Here’s a screencap of part of my Spotify playlist.
12. Cute animals! Scary animals. Monsters and beasts. Fluff and paws. Spooky skulls and bones. Men’s torsos.
13. Buildings, architecture, stuff with straight lines. Human feet.
14. I wear a hat when I have bedhead
15. Uhhhh hm. I draw best at evening/nighttime? I have a LOT of trouble drawing without first sketching out a “skeleton” of the drawing? I can’t really think of any behavior that’s too weird, really.
cool ok bye